If anyone has been paying attention, you will notice I am more than a week late with this post. Life and, unfortunately, Death pushed my writing to the sidelines for a while.
Sadly, my Grandad passed away on May 1st. It was sudden, unexpected and in a foreign country, which complicated things even further. He will be sorely missed.
There has been lots to deal with – both emotionally and practically – and I am only now coming up for air. It will be a while before things return to normal, but my desire to write again is resurfacing and I will be pushing myself to reboot and start again this week.
A quick review of the targets I set two weeks ago:
1. Summarise end of Novel Number One and type THE END – COMPLETED (more on this in a future post)
2. Write 1500 on the crime story – 300 WORDS
3. I WILL sub at least one piece this week – NO SUBS
4. Edit and release this week’s Joined Up Writing episode – COMPLETED BETA READERS EPISODE
5. Complete Phoenix Writer’s challenge – NOT COMPLETE
Completing the novel – even in a very roughshod, abbreviated manner, was a big milestone that I still haven’t really had a chance to consider.
This week’s targets
I still don’t feel completely back in the game, but let’s try some light creative stretching for my first week back. This week’s targets:
1. Write 1000 words on crime story.
2. New Blog Post.
3. Record new Joined Up Writing Podcast.
Wish me luck and I hope you are all feeling productive and positive. Let me know what you’re up to and make sure you hold me to account!